Advisory Consultant – Australia
A successful candidate for the Advisory Consultant role will have a passion to serve clients, the critical thinking abilities to develop complex analyses, the communication skills to convey conclusions clearly and concisely, and the analytical skills to extract insights from complex data sets. This position will play a significant role in delivering client engagements. In addition, the Consultant must remain open (as well as respond) to change.
*SEEKING CANDIDATES IN THESE LOCATIONS: Perth WA, Sydney NSW, and Melbourne VIC
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set clear project goals consistent with the overall project mission – involve consulting team and peers in this process (i.e., via update meetings) and consult with management team regularly.
- Decompose complex data sets and provide insights to drive economic value
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Develop project plans by establishing accurate and realistic schedules and timelines.
- Consistent with our firm’s philosophy, the Consultant neither over-promises nor under-delivers related to his/her work product.
Execution & Supervision
- Effectively executes a work plan and stays the course — in pursuit of the overall project mission; that is, identify maximum savings and/or improvement opportunities and assess the inherent complexities associated with savings attainment and successfully implement the opportunity.
Flexibility & Creativity
- Operates well in ambiguous work environments.
- Understands the fragile and delicate balance of project team dynamics and is able to delegate work fairly, while executing effective methods to monitor progress.
- Ability to anticipate issues and devise resolutions before they become major problems within the work stream.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- An undergraduate/bachelor’s degree in Finance, Supply Chain, Data Science, or related field.
- The equivalent of 1-3 years of sourcing experience in a management consulting firm preferred with experience in Metals & Mining, Oil & Gas, or Diversified Industries or 3+ years of experience in sourcing / procurement roles.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a deep understanding of industry issues, trends and technologies.
- Demonstrated aptitude; track record of personal and professional success.
Competencies & Personal Attributes:
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to think outside the box
- Entrepreneurial in professional approach, with an approach to building PRGX’s business while making it a better place to work
- Ability to thrive in a very diverse, multi-cultural environment, working with teams across Australia, US, and/or EMEA
- Integrity with clients, staff and peers
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Collaborative work style with a bias toward action and outcomes
- Humble and appreciative, yet commanding with an executive presence
- Self-driven and innovative in approach problems and tasks
- Willing to travel