The Consultant will work to build skills in various aspects of our consulting business, deliver client projects, and participate in practice development assignments and recruiting efforts. It will be important that the Consultant be proficient at establishing credibility with all levels of client staff as an Advisory Services expert, trusted advisor and agent of change.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Consultant will be required to:
- Effectively analyze clients’ business and organizational issues in assigned areas
- Demonstrate experience in gathering data, structuring analysis, synthesizing results and presenting conclusions and recommendations.
- Conduct effective on-going communications with client; builds peer client relationships.
- Apply appropriate analytic tools and techniques to develop and synthesize fact base.
- Participate in developing storyboards for client documents.
- Develop a body of work/engagement experience in assigned area.
- Identify project issues and contributes to work structuring efforts.
- Clearly articulate information and answers in team and client meetings, including delivering portions of presentations.
- Provide coaching and guidance to junior team members.
- Contributes to the success of the organization by helping others accomplish job results; learning new skills needed by the team; finding new ways to help the team.
- The position requires the time commitment and travel to be expected with serving clients across many cities.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- 2-5 years of work experience at a well-known consulting or professional services firm.
- Experience in one or more functional disciplines within CPG Manufacturing, Wholesale/Distribution, and/or Retail, and/or across multiple industry players.
- Understands analytical tools (e.g. process analysis, fishbone, metric trees, ABC, driver models, NPV, IRR, and DCF).
- Experience gathering data, structuring analysis, synthesizing results and presenting conclusions and recommendations.
- Excellent quantitative/qualitative analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Confident and content to operate with credibility above his/her level both within PRGX and in client organizations.
- High intelligence and intellectual curiosity; eager to learn with a high level of energy.
- Articulate, analytical (with attention to detail), and a self-starter with strong follow through.
- High impact oral and written communications/presentation skills.
- Team player who is able to work with a variety of personalities and juggle multiple sources of direction.
- Responds well to ambiguity, with the ability to bring structure and insight to undefined situations.