A successful candidate for the Senior Advisory Consultant role will have a passion to serve clients, the critical thinking abilities to develop complex analyses, the communication skills to convey conclusions clearly and concisely, the analytical skills to extract insights from complex data sets, and the presence to meet with clients from all levels of an organization. This position will play a significant role in delivering client engagements, as well as defining the evolution of the practice. In addition, the Senior Advisory Consultant must remain open and respond favorably to change.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate the work (i.e., project scope) at hand, consider the requirements, available time, and resource constraints, determine work approach along data and information requirements to complete the work.
- Set clear project goals consistent with the overall project mission – involve consulting team and peers in this process (i.e., via update meetings) and consult with management team regularly.
- Decompose complex data sets and provide insights to drive economic value.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Target the appropriate resource for the assignment, identifies tasks and responsibilities, establishes overall guidelines for completion, and then properly assign the work.
- Develop project plans by establishing accurate and realistic schedules and timelines.
- Consistent with our firm’s philosophy, the Senior Consultant neither over-promises nor under-delivers related to his/her work product.
Execution & Supervision
- Effectively executes a work plan and stays the course — in pursuit of the overall project mission; that is, identify maximum savings and/or improvement opportunities and assess the inherent complexities associated with savings attainment and successfully implement the opportunity.
- Delegate tasks as appropriate and oversee execution of the project plans to achieve expected outcome in a timely, efficient and high-quality manner.
Flexibility & Creativity
- Operates well in ambiguous work environments.
- Understands the fragile and delicate balance of project team dynamics and is able to delegate work fairly, while executing effective methods to monitor progress.
- Ability to anticipate issues and devise resolutions before they become major problems within the work stream.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- An undergraduate/bachelor’s degree in Finance, Supply Chain, Data Science, or related field. An MBA or Master’s Degree is considered a plus
- The equivalent of 2+ years of sourcing experience in a management consulting firm preferred with experience in Retail or Consumer Products. Will also consider industry experience in sourcing or procurement roles, if consulting experience is in background.
- Experience of managing or directing the work of junior staff is a plus; entrepreneurial experience in the early stages of developing a business is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a deep understanding of industry issues, trends and technologies.
- Experience planning and managing work for self and others.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and aptitude; track record of personal and professional success.
Competencies & Personal Attributes:
- Strong analytical & senior client interviewing skills
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to think outside the box
- Entrepreneurial in professional approach, with an approach to building PRGX’s business while making it a better place to work
- Ability to thrive in a very diverse, multi-cultural environment, working with teams across Australia, US, and/or EMEA
- Integrity with clients, staff and peers
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Collaborative work style with a bias toward action and outcomes
- Humble and appreciative, yet commanding with an executive presence
- Self-driven and innovative in approach problems and tasks
- Willing to travel