PRGX is a business analytics and information services firm pioneering a new suite of services called Profit Discovery™. The focus of Profit Discovery™ is improving our clients’ financial performance via a combination of audit, analytics and advisory services. The core capabilities used to deliver these services include data mining, procure-to-pay business process expertise, and our knowledge of finance operations.
- Audit – For the last 40 years PRGX has remained the world leader in recovery lost profits with nearly €1 Billion in recoveries for our clients for each of the last 5 years. Most large businesses in transaction-intensive industries unknowingly leave money on the table across the procure-to-pay process. Our audit teams find payment errors that, in aggregate, represent significant amounts of cash delivered back to a client’s bottom line. PRGX audits a diverse set of transactions in Accounts payable, Merchandise & Goods NFR, Healthcare claims, Taxes, Property and telecommunications. Services are provided on a contingency and/or fee basis.
- Analytics – Over the last four decades PRGX has become an expert in our clients’ data and has subsequently built data reporting analytical tools (e.g. APTrax, SpendTrax, FraudTrax) specifically focused to provide our client’s accurate information to enable them to make cost saving, metric driven decisions relating to efficiencies in finance, merchandising and supply chain operations. Our tools enable organizations to gain granular level visibility into their spend data, while also offering unprecedented reporting clarity. The services helps ensure savings are identified, risk is better managed and financial processes are improved.
- Advisory – During the post audit process, PRGX has been providing our clients with process and system recommendations that have been identified during course of the recovery audit. Even though these recommendations have been useful, and have enabled clients to close many processing gaps related to their pricing systems, deal entry and AP Departments, we have found that our clients can benefit from our experience working with their systems in a new way. Our advisory services offer extensive fact-based problem-solving skills, deep functional expertise, and the practical hands-on approach of a team that already knows how to get things done in your company. We help clients make substantial improvements to gross margin, SG&A expenses, and asset/capital utilization.
Purpose of the role:
The main purpose of the role is to process UK billings and cash receipts and to work with others in the UK Finance Team to produce the debtors reporting and other month end reporting as well as ensuring all accounting issues related to this function are complete and reconciled.
Job Title: AR Accountant (UK)
Reporting to: Financial Controller EAP (initially)
Location: Luton Office
Direct reports: None
Internal contacts: UK & European Finance Team, UK Client Auditors, US Finance Team, Internal Audit
External Contacts: External Auditors
- Raise revenue invoices in line with agreed deadlines
- Satisfactory and prompt resolution of queries on invoices
- Liaise with Client Auditors and Finance team to ensure accuracy of invoices
- Ensure credit note approval forms are received and approved correctly
- Ensure all supporting documentation complies with Group Revenue Recognition Policy (RRP) and is stored appropriately
- Reconcile Peoplesoft to UK Invoice register
- Reconcile Sage to Sherlock
- Reconcile Sherlock to Invoices Europe
- Maintain Cash Receipt Log – Daily
- Allocate Cash to Client Accounts – Daily
- Post Cash onto Peoplesoft – Weekly
- Post all Cash by Day 2 at month end
- Produce UK BACS run for Associates – Weekly
- Select sample of invoices for testing of Economic benefit
- Assist Atlanta and Auditors (External & Internal Audit) in their reviews of RRP (providing documentation, explaining unusual items, contacting Client Auditors)
Audit Maintenance (UK)
- Maintain Audit Number log for new audit set ups
- Ensure Audit Set Up Forms completed and submitted when required
- Assist with the Credit Control function for UK
- Prepare DSO Reports for Monthly Management Reports
- Learn the processes for European invoicing (broadly similar to UK) to be able to provide cover to the European AR Accountant
- Enthusiastic, bright and energetic
- Some accounting training / experience ideally in AR / invoicing
- Spreadsheet and systems literate (good Excel knowledge a prerequisite)
- Methodical approach
- Takes ownership and meets deadlines
- Knowledge of Sage / Peoplesoft advantageous but not essential