How PRGX helps category management and merchandising leaders.
Job Title: Audit Team Lead
Division/Department: Recovery Audit
Reports to: Management
Service Line: Recovery Audit – Commissioned
Band: 4 – Sr Professional / Management
Type of position:
☒ Full-time ☒Temporary
FLSA Status: Hours________ / week
☐Exempt ☒Not applicable
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Customarily and regularly directs the work of at least 2 or more full-time employees.
- Assists in maintaining appropriate staffing levels for the audit; leverage the resources and abilities of the audit team to maximize all recovery opportunities; assists in directing the work and processes of the team; provide consistent and contrastive feedback to help increase effectiveness at the audit.
- Breaks project goals down into individual auditor goals; ensures that all assignments for the audit project team are distributed appropriately and that deadlines for the audit project team are met.
- Tracks claim production and auditor productivity.
- Makes audit projections for specific projects; meets claim generation targets for each project.
- Ensures that all communications to the audit project team regarding the project are timely, accurate and thorough.
- Interprets and validates client data and information.
- Produces claims in accordance with client guidelines and PRGX procedures; meet regularly with client to review claim concepts.
- Helps develop new audit concepts or procedures for team to ensure claim quality and consistency; applies audit concepts across entire audit.
- Provides elevated level of contact for difficult vendor issues; negotiates outstanding claim issues with client vendors.
- May participate in in pre-data calls, audit planning calls and other meetings as deemed necessary by audit management.
- Works with audit management to determine data needs and to develop audit plan for projects; coordinate data needs with IT; collaborates on SQL and other data processes.
- Provides timely updates of audit status and/or issues to audit management.
- Documents audit process.
- May help coordinate the buyer pull process with client.
- Raises issues regarding problems that block individual or audit team effectiveness.
- Supports implementation of best practices.
- Provides guidance and helps train auditors and other staff; coordinates training and production of shared service and/or offshoring activities.
· May maintain audit plan(s), scope parameters and due diligence information for the audit(s).
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
· Excellent IT knowledge and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Minimum of 4+ years professional business experience in Accounting/Auditing related work
· Minimum of 2+ years in a client facing environment
Domain/Industry Knowledge & Focus
- Overall understanding of the audit process end to end
- Strong awareness of industry
- Knowledge of target customer business and audit process
- Understands the general business reasons for claim concepts
- Familiar with key PRGX competitors
- Integrates information from the wider business and from external sources to inform decisions
- Evaluates diverse, complex, conflicting data to find best way forward
- Finds subtle trends in data and understands long-term impacts for clients and the business
- Presents data in compelling manner, highlighting key messages
- Works with audit team, client, and CDS to develop ad hoc reporting
- Develops client-required reporting
Problem identification & Resolution
- Finds multi-pronged solutions to complex problems with little support
- Seeks and integrates information from wider business and external sources to inform decisions for their area of responsibility
- Evaluates and integrates diverse, complex and at times conflicting information to identify the best way forward
- Manages risks by weighing the potential implications of action versus no action
- Challenges established thinking in constructive way
- Encourages the exchange of new ideas
Claim Production & Quality
- Effectively manages lower-level associate’s day-to-day activities
- Effectively manages the team’s SLA
- Provides reports on secondary exposure & recommends solutions
- Checks work of others to ensure accuracy
- Establishes processes and quality controls to minimize risk of common errors
- Holds team accountable for quality
- Provides meaningful input on claim production and quality to manage team member performance
- Provides training to less experienced auditors and staff
- Finds and implements process and procedure improvements related to team tasks
Client & Supplier Management
- Finds opportunities to improve profitability of existing projects and accounts
- Finds opportunities to grow business with new audit opportunities for existing clients
- Effectively communicates in and contributes to client meetings to drive claim production
- Understands key financial indicators for their accounts
- Interfaces frequently with suppliers and client stakeholders to access data and documentation supporting audit needs
- Effectively and efficiently manages suppliers through the audit process
- Presents claims to clients and effectively supports development logic
People & Team Management
- First to help lower levels solve difficult problems
- Manages lower-level associates’ day-to-day activities
- Encourages colleagues to support one another in the completion of their work
- Encourages and listens to input from others
- Shares information with relevant parties in a timely fashion
- Leads by example
- Provides on-the-job training to more junior colleagues
- Provides consistent and constructive feedback to team members
- Provides support and input for Performance Management process
- Fosters a positive working environment
- Helps lower levels to recognize and correct mistakes
- Provide consistent and constructive feedback to help increase effectiveness of the audit
- Identifies areas of improvement to help create efficiencies
- Identifies when there are potential risks and problems that require escalation, and escalates appropriately
Maintains a Client Focus
· Identifies client needs
· Balances needs of clients, vendors, and PRGX in decisions
· Maintains positive, professional relationships with key client contacts
· Ensures team meets client needs with high level of service
- Communicates client needs to team
Communicates with Impact
· Self-confident and engages wide variety of audiences
· Influences others effectively using multiple styles
· Facilitates open free flow of info across stakeholders
· Comfortable in complex, ambiguous and pressured situations, adapts communication accordingly
- Encourages others to listen and value input
· Builds team engagement with local vision and strategy
· Promotes enthusiasm on team
· Adapts motivational strategies to individuals
· Values and provides recognition
· Inspires others to meet or exceed goals
· Empowers with authority and latitude to accomplish goals
- Takes an empathetic lens to how information might be received, and adapts communication accordingly
Displays Emotional Intelligence
· Remains calm with pressures of leading a team
· Keeps team members calm and focused
· Encourages others to recover quickly from setbacks
· Responds resourcefully to change and ambiguity
· Aware of the impact of their emotions and reactions on those they lead, and manages their emotions accordingly
· Builds trusting and supportive relationships with direct reports and colleagues
· Role models positivity in the workplace, and encourages team members to see the positive in people, situations and events
- Able to relate to many different types of people, sense their emotions, and consider their perspectives
Organizes & Prioritizes
· Allocates staff and resources to meet business needs
· Develops plans to meet team’s near- to mid-range goals
· Provides clarity to others in regards to prioritizing
· Prioritizes work so business needs are met
- Quickly shifts priorities and plans based on changes
· Takes responsibility for team’s performance
· Takes decisive action in a crisis
· Anticipates and proactively addresses issues that could impact client or business in mid-term
· Accepts responsibility for the team’s mistakes, and takes steps to ensure they don’t happen again
· Proactively takes action to help the organization meet broader goals
- Incorporates new ideas into thinking
Drives for Results
· Role models tenacity
· Holds others accountable for delivering results
· Sets challenging yet achievable goals, and encourages the team to deliver
· Maintains energy when faced with high pressure situations and/or a heavy work load
- Makes decisions to enhance the organization’s mid-term financial position
· Makes full use of available resources
· Delegates and empowers effectively
· Supports team by identifying and removing barriers to achieving goals
· Coordinates work efforts within team
- Identifies and provides needed resources and support
· Sets clear expectations that support team’s goals
· Sets high standards and keeps team focused
· Helps the team understand how their work supports business area’s strategy
- Adapts leadership style to person or situation
· Helps team understand need for change
· Supports implementation of change on team
· Identifies short-term business opportunities and the changes needed to bring opportunities to life
· Monitors effectiveness of change initiatives
- Seeks to understand and address resistance to change on the team
Coaches & Develops
· Provides coaching & support to build current and future skills
· Encourages colleagues to support each other to complete team’s work
· Provides timely and constructive feedback to direct reports on work & behavior
· Provides team members with challenging and motivating work
- Provides space to make mistakes and learn from them
- Employee Assistance Programme