Meaningful Insights. Measurable Results.
With offices across the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia, our expert team helps clients in more than 30 countries take back $1.2 billion in annual cash flow. PRGX is the global leader in recovery audit. We serve clients in over 30 countries and have 30 audit centers across the globe, including 13 in Europe. PRGX currently supports more than 330 clients, including 1/3 of the top Fortune 500, key government agencies in the U.S. and U.K. as well as many of the largest Telecoms, technology, FMCG, pharma healthcare, manufacturing, energy and services companies globally.
The role responsibility is to support the audit process which is to first assess on behalf of our Client, their supplier’s contracts for suitability for audit and once an audit is launched to assess Supplier compliance to the Financial Terms & Conditions of contracts utilising a customised audit methodology. Following, analysis and substantive testing of acquired relevant billing records and other backup data from the Supplier, you will be required to quantify any financial variances indicating actual or potential overcharges. This information is used to produce an Audit Report for the Client. The main purpose of the Audit Report is to generate recoveries on behalf of our Client and to point out root causes of the errors identified and make recommendations for improvements to systems, processes and possibly even the contract itself.
Work may be performed from your home office, at supplier site, at PRGX offices or a combination so candidates should be prepared to travel. The successful candidate will have had exposure to financial analysis and project/improvement initiatives outside of ‘core’ finance and the ability to work with large data sets, to determine trends and present financial data in a concise way to both financial and non-financial professionals. The successful candidate is required to be fluent in English (verbal and written), and should preferably have knowledge/experience of, audit methodology and process although training in the PRGX specific Contract Compliance audit methodology will be provided. Excellent analytical skills are required. Certifications such as Chartered Accountant, CPA, CFE, CIA, etc. are a plus. A second language (business fluent or mother tongue level of French, German, Spanish) would be an advantage but is not essential.
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ability to learn to confidently and diligently perform the complete audit process from start to finish (i.e. supplier/client engagement through to reporting and settlement of claims)
• Flexibility on less complex audits (i.e. rate card, catalogue pricing) would be comfortable performing more than one audit simultaneously
• May be a mentor or as a point of assist for new hires within the team and be able to draw upon commercial audit experience or share innovative approaches to test/write claims
• Draft end of project reports with autonomy for owned and delivered audits but also be a point of call for any QA for peer report reviews
• Be aware of the importance of timeliness completion of each audit cycle and recognise scope/opportunity limitations and call these out pro-actively
• Assess contract terms and conditions to identify and document contract risk exposures and areas of possible financial leakage/loss
• Interview client key stakeholders regarding the terms of the agreement to determine contract intent.
• Perform substantive testing of both client and supplier transactional data to document and verify compliance to commercial terms.
• Be able to understand, analyse and manipulate complex electronic data sets and be proficient with software such as Excel to identify discrepancies. Ability to work with IDEA a plus.
• Prepare, and submit audit reports (Internal and External stakeholders) to include identified monetary discrepancies, and any recommendations by providing documented and supportive details.
• Work efficiently across multiple audits with accuracy and flexibility, whilst adhering to overall timing of an audit cycle, including day-to-day management of the audit tasks and objectives to maximise revenue against budgeted targets
• Participate and support in the negotiation and resolution of identified monetary discrepancies with suppliers and client in a professional manner.
• Produce written agendas for supplier cadence calls and general correspondence to supplier inquiries
• Prepare reports for Internal Management concerning scope of audit, issues found, recovery amounts, and recommendations for future improvements.
• Offer contract and business improvement recommendations based on industry experience to enhance contract value for clients including preventive measures for discovering and preventing future incorrect payments.
• Maintain positive client and supplier relationships.
• Capable of working in a fast paced, demanding, entrepreneurial work environment.
• Be a team player, ability to coach others as and when required.
• As work may be performed at the supplier site, expectation is for candidate to be appropriately sensitive and non-obtrusive.
• Confidently conduct effective client/supplier interviews, present information to senior management with client/supplier personnel to explain potential audit issues.
• Customer relation skills are critical particularly in managing interfaces between the customer and the audited supplier or between the commercial and technical organisations.
• Be able to read, analyse, and interpret contract information and other related accounting and business process systems data and documentation.
• Clearly document audit issues in prescribed style and format.
• Professional writing skills are essential for the development of compelling audit reports and in creating a final audit report suitable for senior management.
• Strong mathematics skills to comprehend and utilise algebraic equations for use in spreadsheets or databases to develop audit issues.
• Ability to understand and apply statistical sampling and extrapolation methodology to quantify claims.
• Define financial variances, collect and extrapolate data, establish facts, and draw accurate, and valid conclusions by drawing inferences from information, applying logical reasoning based on a combination of experience, information and producing evidentiary information.
• Skills in the following software: Excel), Access), Word, and Outlook is essential. Knowledge of Power Point is preferred. Proficiency or experience with IDEA is a plus.
• Innovative problem-solver; brings creativity, originality and tenacity to problem solving.
• Uses available technology in ways to increase productivity as well as identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, individually and in team settings.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other closely related field required.
• Alternatively, extensive prior experience in contract compliance, or other closely related financial audit (Internal Audit, Retail Audit, Procurement, etc.) experience in a commercial or retail environment.
• Preferred: Accounting certification highly desirable or demonstrable knowledge of accounting principles, including such concepts as cost accounting and allocations, overhead, manufacturing costs, general ledger and financial statements.
• Experience of accounting systems (SAP, JDE, Oracle, etc) with an emphasis on P2P, and Accounts Payable/Purchasing.
• Some experience in understanding and assessing operational processes and internal controls, including defining practical recommendations for improvement.
• Commercial business acumen, with exposure to areas such as payroll; insurance; benefits; internal controls; common business practices and contract language.
• Previous experience in procurement, contracting or conducting vendor and supplier audits for contract compliance a plus
3+ years’ experience in Media/Marketing Compliance Audits
English + Another language a plus
Remote Working (UK London-based preferable)
The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the role.