Job Title: CONTRACT COMPLIANCE AUDITOR
Location: Luton Offices
Reporting to: This position will report to the Audit Directors in our Contract Compliance team.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The main purpose of the role is to examine and audit critical supplier contracts for PRGX clients, which include a significant number of leading global organisations. The aim of each audit is to identify and test areas of operational and financial risk or exposure. This may include testing associated invoice records and data, identifying any non-compliance to the agreed terms of the contracts, quantifying financial variances, and recovering any overcharges. The work will normally be carried out in PRGX offices but supplier visits may be necessary. The candidate is required to be fluent in English (verbal and written), and it may be an advantage to have knowledge of a second language (business fluent or mother tongue level).
The ideal candidate will be required to:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review contract terms and conditions to identify and document contract risk exposures and areas of possible financial leakage/loss
- Interview client key stakeholders regarding the terms of the agreement to determine contract intent.
- Perform substantive testing of both client and supplier transactional data to document and verify compliance to commercial terms.
- Be able to understand, analyse and manipulate complex data sets and be proficient with software such as Excel to identify discrepancies.
- Prepare, and submit audit reports (Internal and External stakeholders) to include identified monetary discrepancies, and any recommendations by providing documented and supportive details.
- Work efficiently between across multiple audits with accuracy and flexibility, whilst adhering to overall timing of an audit cycle, including day-to-day management of the audit tasks and objectives to maximise revenue against budgeted targets
- Participate in the negotiation and resolution of identified monetary discrepancies with suppliers and client.
- Produce written correspondence to vendor inquiries, prepare reports for Internal Management concerning scope of audit, issues found, recovery amounts, and recommendations for future improvements.
- Offer contract and business improvement recommendations based on industry experience to enhance contract value for clients including preventive measures for discovering and preventing future incorrect payments.
- Maintain positive client and supplier relationships.
Confidently conduct effective client/supplier interviews, present information to senior management of with client/supplier personnel to identify potential audit issues. Customer relation skills are critical particularly in managing interfaces between the customer and the audited supplier or between the commercial and technical organisations.
Be able to read, analyse, and interpret contract information and from a variety of other related accounting and business process systems. Clearly document audit issues in prescribed style and format. Good writing skills are essential for the development of individual audit reports and in creating a final audit report for senior management.
Good numeracy skills with a curious/inquisitive mind-set to comprehend and utilise equations for use in spreadsheets or databases to develop audit concepts. Ability to understand and apply statistical sampling and extrapolation methodology to quantify claims.
Define financial variances, collect and extrapolate data, establish facts, and draw accurate, valid conclusions. Drawing inferences from information, applying logical reasoning based on a combination of experience, information and producing evidentiary information.
Skills in the following software: Spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel), Database (Microsoft Access), Word processing (Microsoft Word), Internet software, E-mail software is essential. Knowledge of Microsoft Power Point is preferred, but training will be given.
Innovative problem-solver; brings creativity, originality or tenacity to problem solving. Uses available technology in ways to increase productivity as well as identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, individually and in team settings.
Experience & Education
BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other closely related field required. Alternatively, extensive prior experience in contract compliance, or other closely related financial audit (Internal Audit, Retail etc) experience in a commercial environment.
Accounting certification highly desirable or demonstrable knowledge of accounting principles, including such concepts as cost accounting and allocations, overhead, manufacturing costs, general ledger and financial statements.
Experience of accounting systems (SAP, JDE, Oracle etc) with an emphasis on P2P, and Accounts Payable.
Some experience in understanding and assessing operational processes and internal controls, including defining practical recommendations for improvement.
Commercial business acumen, with exposure to areas such as payroll; insurance; benefits; internal controls; common business practices and contract language.
Previous experience in procurement, contracting or conducting vendor and supplier audits for contract compliance a plus.