A Business Information Analyst working within a global team, will support audit teams by developing analytical reports that facilitate data mining. A Candidate must be able to understand the value of the product/enhancement and communicate concrete designs for realizing that value. Candidate must become the subject matter expert (SME) for assigned accounts’ data processes, and must be able to articulate processes/requirements in a format that is digestible by Account Management, Data Services, and other teams.
This resource must be self-managed, self-directed, and priority-minded. This role receives direction from the Data Services Manager, but also must share the responsibility of defining and planning the work for maximum benefit to provide auditors with tools they need to deliver our service in the ever changing market place. Time is split between analysing and manipulating data, writing complex SQL and collaborating with our audits to understand each client’s needs and workings with the goal to provide analytics and audit solutions.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze data from conceptualization through presentation of the data. Requires proficiency with tools, knowledge of data analysis methodology, use of presentation software, strong communication skills and a strong commitment to and affinity for delivering the highest level of customer service.
- Documenting requirements, designing test cases, and participating in the full development lifecycle
- Develop, test and validate ETL processes
- Profile data to measure quality, integrity, accuracy, and completeness
- Manage multiple concurrent BIA-related tasks and smaller projects based on priority and deadlines
- Interview users/stakeholders to learn their data/business processes. Deconstruct and re-design them into faster/better/cheaper processes. Finally, elaborate those as functional specifications for development.
- Understand entire process for assigned accounts and how the parts combine to make the whole. Turn processes into detailed functional requirements, including but not limited to data mapping, file inventories, and data flow.
- Serve as a functional SME to development team as they implement the data needs as documented.
- Communicate with Account Management, Business Operations, Data Services, and Development teams, as necessary, to ensure transparency, share insights, define scope, requirements, and liaise between teams to manage expectations
- Communicating with both technical and non-technical end users
- Contribute to the success of the organisation by helping others accomplish job results, learning new skills needed by the team, and finding new ways to help the team.
- Responsibility for supervision and development of Junior Analysts
- External Contact with
o Client’s project manager, IT staff, Finance and the Buying departments. In some cases, it would be necessary to liaise with an external company if any IT function is outsourced.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of Experience in business analysis
- Prior experience working within cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Strong MS SQL Server & T-SQL experience
- Strong relational database analysis
- Experience in SQL index management, performance optimization with large datasets, data warehouse/data mining
- Experience with MS SQL, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio and relevant software
- Exposure to/knowledge of Big Data, Python, R a plus
- Proven communication skills
Additionally, experience in any of the following would be a distinct advantage
- Enterprise accounting systems and packages
- Principles of financial accounting
- Oracle Applications (Financial), SAP, JD Edwards, Lawson
- Technical documentation
- Knowledge of data mining with unstructured/textual data
· Experienced in the complete life-cycle of solution development from capturing business requirements through solution delivery
The physical demands described here are representative ofthose that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentialfunctions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Whileperforming the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required toremain stationary; move; lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee mustregularly sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms;communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include closevision.
The Company does not discriminate against employees orapplicants for employment based upon race, color, national origin, geneticinformation, religious beliefs, gender, age, marital status, disability, U.S.veteran status, or any other protected classifications, activities, orconditions as required by federal, state and local laws.