As a Business Information Analyst you will workwithin a global team, and support audit teams by developing analytical reports that facilitate data mining. You must be able to understand the value of the product/enhancement and communicate concrete designs for realizing that value. You will be the subject matter expert (SME) and assigned to accounts’ data processes, and must be able to articulate processes/requirements in a format that is digestible by Account Management, Data Services, and other teams.
This resource must be self-managed, self-directed, and priority-minded. This role receives direction from the Data Services Manager, but also must share the responsibility of defining and planning the work for maximum benefit to provide auditors with tools they need to deliver our service in the ever changing market place. Time is split between analysing and manipulating data, writing complex SQL and collaborating with our audits to understand each client’s needs and workings with the goal to provide analytics and audit solutions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze data from conceptualization through presentation of the data. Requires proficiency with tools, knowledge of data analysis methodology, use of presentation software, strong communication skills and a strong commitment to and affinity for delivering the highest level of customer service.
- Documenting requirements, designing test cases, and participating in the full development lifecycle
- Develop, test and validate ETL processes
- Profile data to measure quality, integrity, accuracy, and completeness
- Manage multiple concurrent BIA-related tasks and smaller projects based on priority and deadlines
- Interview users/stakeholders to learn their data/business processes. Deconstruct and re-design them into faster/better/cheaper processes. Finally, elaborate those as functional specifications for development.
- Understand entire process for assigned accounts and how the parts combine to make the whole. Turn processes into detailed functional requirements, including but not limited to data mapping, file inventories, and data flow.
- Serve as a functional SME to development team as they implement the data needs as documented.
- Communicate with Account Management, Business Operations, Data Services, and Development teams, as necessary, to ensure transparency, share insights, define scope, requirements, and liaise between teams to manage expectations
- Communicating with both technical and non-technical end users
- Contribute to the success of the organisation by helping others accomplish job results, learning new skills needed by the team, and finding new ways to help the team.
- Responsibility for supervision and development of Junior Analysts
- External Contact with
- Client’s project manager, IT staff, Finance and the Buying depts. In some cases, it would be necessary to liaise with an external company if any IT function is outsourced.
Qualifications/ Experience/ Skills required /Personal attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of Experience in data analysis
- Prior experience working within cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Experience in SQL index management, performance optimization with large datasets, data warehouse/data mining
- Knowledge of accounting or auditing knowledge; exposure to financial systems (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, etc.).
- Exposure to/knowledge of Big Data, Python, R a plus
- Experience with MS SQL, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio and relevant software
- Proven analytical communication skills
Additionally, experience in any of the following would be a distinct advantage
- Technical documentation
- Knowledge of data mining with unstructured/textual data
- Experienced in the complete life-cycle of solution development from capturing business requirements through solution delivery