The Business Analyst must be able to understand the value of the product/enhancement and communicate concrete designs for realizing that value. This means being the subject matter expert (SME) of the product’s business processes, and articulating product requirements in a format that is digestible by Engineering and other teams. This resource must be self-managed, self-directed, and priority-minded. Peter Drucker said, “The first requirement in tackling knowledge work is to find out what the task is…” The BA receives direction from the Product Manager, but also must share the responsibility of defining and planning his work for maximum benefit to the success of the product.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interview users/stakeholders to learn their business processes. Deconstruct and re-design them into faster/better/cheaper processes. Finally, elaborate those as functional product specifications for Engineering.
- Take epic-level business requirements from Product Management and turn them into detailed functional requirements (bite-size user stories) for Engineering and QA, including process mapping and data flow.
- Collaborate with Product Mgt on UI/UX design.
- Serve as a functional SME to QA, Support & Implementation teams.
- Review the QA team’s testing scripts for completeness and accuracy.
- Prepare product documentation for use by Support & Implementation teams in implementing, training, and supporting clients.
- Manage multiple concurrent BA-related tasks and smaller projects based on priority and deadlines
- Contribute to the success of the organization by helping others accomplish job results, learning new skills needed by the team, and finding new ways to help the team.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree (technical or business management degree preferred)
- 3+ years of Experience in business analysis
- Technical skills
- SQL Server
- MS Access VBA
- .Net (C#, VB.NET)
- Talend, SSIS, SSRS
- HTML, JQuery, CSS
- Strong proficiency with problem solving and analysis
- Experience with software user interface (UI), software design, and wire framing tools
- Ability to manipulate and analyze raw data in applications like Excel and ability to build presentations in PowerPoint
- Be a creative self-starter with the ability to dig deeply into problems, identify
- root causes, and recommend sustainable solutions
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience with SaaS solutions preferred
- The ability to communicate well
- Must have ability to simplify complex technical jargon into both written and oral communications for an IT audience
- Must be able to articulate how analysis, requirements, strategy, and delivery work together to produce desired deliverables to technical/non-technical stakeholders
The physical demands described here are representative ofthose that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentialfunctions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Whileperforming the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required toremain stationary; move; lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee mustregularly sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms;communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include closevision.
The Company does not discriminate against employees orapplicants for employment based upon race, color, national origin, geneticinformation, religious beliefs, gender, age, marital status, disability, U.S.veteran status, or any other protected classifications, activities, orconditions as required by federal, state and local laws.