The purpose of this position is to deliver ETL and BI solutions for PRGX in its Analytics Services business unit. This is a high-growth area for PRGX and new offerings are constantly being innovated. The Data Analyst will work as part of project teams, helping our Advisory staff develop and deliver new offerings (including custom client solutions) and other solution elements, such as reporting or data manipulation applications which will make the solution repeatable and scalable.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work directly with advisory Managing Directors and Principals to develop ideas or client requests into working solutions
- Work closely with the Head of Analytics Services on extracting, profiling, cleansing, enriching, mapping, transforming data from our client’s systems to PRGX SaaS solutions
- Work closely with PRGX Product Management and client IT representatives to understand data and analytic requirements associated with an assigned project.
- Work as part of a global team to deliver solutions
- Contribute to definition and design of end-to-end client specific Analytics Solutions
- Contributes to the design, development and testing of data analytics solutions using multiple technologies
- Interact with Subject Matter Expert (SME) for BI/Data requirements to design and implement software to support client and internal projects
- Contribute to the success of the organization by helping others accomplish job results; learning new skills needed by the team; finding new ways to help the team and deliver value
- Willing to travel to other locations/suppliers/vendors etc. when necessary, including global travel
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in information systems, computer science, information technology or a related discipline from four-year college or university; Master’s Degree a plus.
- Must have participated in multiple data transformation tracks and have an end to end understanding of analytics project delivery lifecycle
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- The ability to translate business needs into technical requirements
- Excellent eye for detail with ability to identify trends and patterns of information from data
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or higher (2016 preferred)
- Microsoft BI stack (SSIS,SSRS,SSAS)
- Data warehousing techniques
- ETL of a diverse range of file types (Excel, csv, text etc)
- Experience of collecting and synthesing data from multiple disparate sources and presenting upwards
- Retail – Merchandising processes and concepts
- Familiarity with Source-to-Pay, Spend Classification and related business processes
- ERP database exposure (Oracle, SAP, JDE etc)
- Experience in software development using a range of technologies (scripting, OO languages, web technologies)
- Management consulting or similar advisory services experience
- Familiarity with BI products such as SSRS, Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI, etc.
- SQL query performance tuning