Data Analyst I
Data Analyst I interacts with global, cross-functional teams across the organization. Works with the field audit staff and other Data
Analysts to define and complete client data conversion projects based on requirements of the audit by performing the following duties.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs analysis tasks that utilize knowledge of business and accounting to direct or develop programming necessary to
provide required audit tools to the audit site.
• Converts client data to PRGX standard formats leveraging parameter driven SQL programming.
• Ensure data integrity by verifying data readability, data structure, data content, data scope, etc. thereby helping to eliminate
data related issues further within the business data flow process.
• Under general supervision responds to requests from the audit staff for data conversion, standard reports, non-standard
reports, and related support issues including analysis and programming.
• Assists other team members in evaluating, diagnosing, and correcting business application problems.
• Provides programming support to other staff members on business system design issues, custom applications, and
programming issues as required.
• Increases knowledge of PRGX applications and expands technical knowledge through trade publications, courses and
• Expands understanding of PRGX’s business practices, techniques and auditing.
• Contributes to the success of the organization by helping others accomplish job results; learning new skills needed by the
team; improving code reusability; finding new ways to help the team
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prefer 1+ years of experience in an office environment, data analysis and/or conversion related.
• MS SQL & T-SQL experience; relational database analysis
• Exposure to/knowledge of JSON formats and object storage platforms a plus
• Exposure to various file formats like delimited, positional & EBCDIC a plus
• Exposure to/knowledge of reporting solutions like Power BI
• Knowledge of basic Python scripting to automate tasks.
• Financial accounting or auditing knowledge; exposure to financial systems (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, etc.)
• Solid analytical and communication skills
• Experience with MS Office products
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-performing team environment