How PRGX helps category management and merchandising leaders.
As a Data Scientist at PRGX, you will be a contributing member of the technical team configuring and transforming complex data to solve our client’s challenges with the content published through PRGX’s subscription solution. The Data Scientist should be able to individually solve problems of high complexity while assisting/guiding other technical team members through their experience in problem resolution. They should be able to understand the business problem to be solved and should be skilled at extracting, transforming, and analyzing data using a variety of common analytical tools. The Data Scientist should be able to present findings in a compelling manner to business and non-technical audience. The position requires a team player that seeks to supplement their skills through the use of project experience, self-study, and ongoing training.
- 3+ years of professional work experience working with data integration, transformation, classification & matching
- 3+ years recent hands-on experience working with data tools like or SQL and Python
- Advanced SQL skills working with a variety of databases and wrangling and cleansing data from multiple sources. Strong ability to marry data sources together into a common data model while monitoring exceptions and configuring specific rules for each exception grouping.
· Experience collecting and synthesizing data from multiple disparate sources and presenting upwards
- Strong attention to detail with the ability examine data through various stages of a transactions life cycle and the ability to validate output results with identified exceptions to solve.
- Apply sophisticated data analytics procedures to prepare data for use in custom reporting.
- Experience working directly with the end users to understand the business problem and identifying what models will be used to solve that problem
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; must be capable of effectively articulating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Contribute to the success of the organization by helping others accomplish job results; learning new skills needed by the team; finding new ways to help the team and deliver value
- Must have an undergraduate (BS) or postgraduate (MS/Ph.D.) degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent work experience AND a minimum of 5 years of professional work experience
- Retail – Merchandising processes and concepts
- Familiarity with Source-to-Pay, Spend Classification and related business processes
- MySQL, Spark, Scala, Hive, Minio, Trino, Airflow, Presto and other ETL solutions
- Experience working with 1 or more data visualization tools such Qlik Sense, Tableau or PowerBI to tell the “data” story
- ERP database exposure (Oracle, SAP, JDE etc)
- Management consulting or similar data analytics/software services experience