Heavily interacts with global, cross-functional teams across the organization. Execute the strategic direction of the department while defining and planning for the achievement of goals and objectives and aiding the team to achieve the optimal balance between cost, efficiency and service delivery. Plan, coordinate and supervise projects necessary in the support of the assigned business unit(s).
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages a Data Services team by providing guidance, direction, and training to direct reports. Mentor team members to ensure consistency, growth and quality of deliverables
- Analyze data from conceptualization through presentation of the data. Requires proficiency with analytical tools, knowledge of data analysis methodology, use of presentation software, strong communication skills and a strong commitment to and affinity for delivering the highest level of customer service.
- Works with business operations to define projects’ scope and requirements and liaise between Operations and Data Services to manage project expectations.
- Partners and builds relationships with internal stakeholders. Develops understanding of key needs and gains acceptance.
- Bridge the gap between the business and data by collaborating with executive stakeholders and external partners to derive insights from our data and drive improvements to the business.
- Creates and executes delivery plans and team assignments. Revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Possesses a high level of expertise of accounting, PRGX applications, software, systems, the client data conversion process, and the PRGX business practices.
- Assists other team members in evaluating, diagnosing, and resolving issues.
- Represents PRGX in client-facing situations (via telephone or in person).
- Contributes to the success of the organization by helping others accomplish job results; learning new skills needed by the team; finding new ways to help the team.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or eight to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer 8+ years of experience in an office environment, data analysis and/or conversion related.
- Financial accounting and auditing knowledge required including strong understanding of financial systems (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, etc.)
- Strong understanding of SQL and relational database analysis
- Knowledge of JSON formats and object storage platforms a plus
- Knowledge of reporting solutions Power BI, Kibana
- Knowledge of workflow management such as Airflow utilizing Python
- Experience in performance optimization with large datasets, data warehouse/data mining, data marts