The New Business Development Director is a direct sales role responsible for directing the execution of the company’s sales vision, strategy, plans and processes to drive sales, increase revenue, expand markets, expand our brand, and achieve financial objectives.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and executes the business development plan to generate incremental revenue.
- Identifies, evaluates, and executes new business opportunities aligned with the company’s strategy.
- Works with internal stakeholders to understand the company’s strengths and value proposition to develop sales strategies that result in sustainable and profitable growth.
- Ensures consistent customer satisfaction based on a deep understanding of customer needs.
- Develops and executes strategies for lead generation, monitoring, and conversion.
- Mobilizes internal stakeholders to support new and current business development initiatives.
- Develops breakthrough strategies for new and existing markets, channels and customers.
- Demonstrates effective use of indirect influence techniques.
- Proactively builds positive relationships inside and outside the company to support the company’s goals.
- Oversees the development of proposals and contracts for new business opportunities and manages negotiations.
- Collaborates with market, sales, and other stakeholders to support business development plans.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of company offerings to identify profitable business opportunities
- Uses market intelligence to position the company for growth and success
- Maintains a pipeline of prospective clients
- Supports new services development and enhancements including next generation recovery audit, shared services/AP optimization, and technology
- Other duties as assigned
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting, finance, economics, computer science or other business discipline
- Minimum of 8 years of experience making sales at the enterprise level
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Consistent history of meeting or exceeding sales quotas
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and eye for detail
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities. The employee is occasionally required to remain stationary; move; lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee must regularly sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.