Investigates and resolves software and hardware problems of computer users by performing the following duties.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from Executive users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Interviews user to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
- Determines whether problem is caused by hardware such as modem, printer, cables, or telephone.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to supervisor or specific technical staff.
- Prepares standard statistical reports, relating to the service desk tickets, changes and requests
- Prepares standard reports that relate to the change management process
- Calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Tests software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work.
- Administers training and reference documents after review by line manager
- Provides administrative support for IT Helpdesk manager in relations to I Support ServiceDesk and change control systems and processes
- Works with the IT Service desk manager to develop training and onboarding documents
- Assists in the training of users on software and hardware via remote and/or in person classroom and/or helps coordinate external training providers
- Provides support for executive users and their respective personal computers, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Contributes to the success of the organization by helping others accomplish job results; learning new skills needed by the team; finding new ways to help the team.
- Leases with Line manager and the offshore service desk team to document Service Desk performance and report back to the Helpdesk Manager
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Business Management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2yrs+ of experience in the following
- Technical software and hardware support, solution implementation, quality assurance
- MS Windows Server, MS SQL Server 2000/2005, 2008, 2016 is preferred but not essential
- Knowledge and experience in supporting Office 2003, 2007, 2010, 2016, 365, MS Visio, Citrix and Virtual computing
- Experience and knowledge of Windows, IOS operating systems including Window 7, Window 10, Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10
- Knowledge and experience of Change controls processes and procedures
- Knowledge of ITIL methodology would be beneficial
- Good customer facing and communication skills
- Good documentation and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills
- Experience working with 0365 or similar cloud-based applications/solutions
- CompTIA and or Microsoft equivalent foundation level certifications in IT Hardware and systems
- Analysis and report building skills/knowledge using Access, Excel, SQL, or equivalent
- Telecoms and mobile, IOS, Android, Windows
- Some knowledge of conferencing systems and hardware would be of benefit
- Organized and self-starter
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: MCP Certification is a plus CDIA Certification is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to remain stationary; move; lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee must regularly sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based upon race, color, national origin, genetic information, religious beliefs, gender, age, marital status, disability, U.S. veteran status, or any other protected classifications, activities, or conditions as required by federal, state and local laws.