Are you a seasoned HR administrative professional with a strong attention to detail and passion for creating a positive candidate and new hire experience? If you enjoy coordinating and supporting a worldwide organization from an HR and recruitment perspective, then you may be the person our team needs! We are seeking a superstar to join our team as our Human Resources Assistant.
This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in a fast growing technology field. The role of the HR Assistant is to coordinate and support the administrative needs of recruitment and onboarding, as well as support the HR Business Partners in administrative duties as needed.
The purpose of this position is to perform administrative duties to support the human resources department related duties at the professional level and carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: administrative support of the human resources personnel, employee relation communications, event planning, support of new hiring processes, recruiting support administration of personnel records and other functions in support of an organized and efficient human resources department.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes and maintains filing system and personnel records including creation of personnel file upon start date of each new hire
- Enter the new hire information into PeopleSoft
- Support HR Leaders and scheduling and managing various meetings
- E-verification and support as needed (requires experience or training on e-verification)
- Support and manage career path system, eLearning system and be a back-up to HRIS Manager on HR company-wide systems
- Schedules, coordinate and may facilitate the monthly new hire orientation
- Processes invoices for HR and submits for appropriate signature including Payment Request Forms for contractors
- P-card reconciliation and Ghost Card reconciliation in conjunction with Director of Disbursement
- files correspondence and other records for SVP of HR
- Answers telephone calls, arranges conference calls/meetings and manages calendar for SVP of HR and HR Directors
- Order supplies for HR department
- Management of HR calendar as provided by HR staff
- Event planning for HR supported events (e.g. Living the Values, Thanksgiving lunches, Holiday activities, Super Bowl parties)
- Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations for HR department
- Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including Fed-Ex, e-mail and faxes
- Assist with data entry using company HRIS Systems and will be backup for HRIS Manager
- Prepares expense reports for HR department as needed
- Ad hoc reporting for human resources group (PeopleSoft, etc.)
- Back up to Recruiting for recruiting scheduling and administrating interviews
- Provides PowerPoint, excel and word support to SVP and others in the HR department
- Arranges and coordinates travel reservations as needed for candidate interviews.
- Tracks performance reviews
- Review mail and ensure that all mail is distributed timely and appropriately (especially subpoenas, unemployment etc.)
- Verification of employment based on a written request per handbook
- Basic administrative duties related to correspondence for visas
- Coordinate and help facilitate on special projects as needed
- Contributes to the success of the organization by helping others accomplish job results; learning new skills needed by the team; finding new ways to help the team.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Outstanding proficiency in Microsoft office products: PowerPoint, word, excel
- Excellent organizational skills including calendar management
- Excellent professional communication and interpersonal skills including C-suite skills and phone etiquette
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent ability to prioritize and ask questions when needed to prioritize
- Confidentiality and discretion required
- Experience using ATS and other HR systems
- Prefer 3+ years of experience in an office environment
- Prefer PeopleSoft experience and if not required to train and learn PeopleSoft
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to remain stationary; move; lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee must regularly sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based upon race, color, national origin, genetic information, religious beliefs, gender, age, marital status, disability, U.S. veteran status, or any other protected classifications, activities, or conditions as required by federal, state and local laws.