The Junior Project Manager will have a basic knowledge of project management practices in additon to the ability to lead projects of low to moderate complexity. This Junior Project Manager will be responsible for creating technical documentation and project management plans. This person should be someone who communicates efficiently and effectively with clinical, technical and business teams.
Please note that this is not a senior-level role, we are looking for someone with 1+ years of experience, and is looking to grow/advance, hone their skills, and progress with the company.
Position responsibilities revolve around supporting the Senior Director, Global PMO to:
- Track and manage IT projects through project lifecycle
- Develop and update IT project schedules and reporting
- Facilitate requirements gathering session
- Record and track status of requirements and projects
- Complete status reporting documentation as needed
- Attend client meetings to provide updates on project status; prepare meeting minutes
- Communicate with project sponsors, stakeholders and team members, supporting IT Transitional Service Agreement Projects
- Track and report on IT project portfolio performance, providing comprehensive and prioritized views / dashboards
- Follow up on open items and issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science or Information Systems, or another Technical discipline.
- 2+ years of experience as a Project Manager, Project Coordinator, Project Associate, or similar. Educational training or certification in Project Management may supplant experience.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple complex IT projects and tasks at one time
- Self-starter who can recognize issues and potential problems and respond appropriately
- Experience interacting with functional and technical teams
- Ability to create and manage project plans (end to end) and schedules
- Experience gathering and managing client requirements
- Ability to respond to and write technical documentation as needed
- Utilize various tools and systems such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project Management software/tools
- PMP Certification (or working towards certification) is a plus