This role manages the audit to ensure maximum resource utilization and claim generation. The role is typically responsible for running mid-size to smaller audits (or may report up to an Audit Director on larger audits).
- Customarily and regularly directs the work of at least 3 or more full-time employees.
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels for the audit; leverage the resources and abilities of the audit team to maximize all recovery opportunities; directs the work and processes of the team; provide consistent and contrastive feedback to help increase effectiveness at the audit.
- Analyzes and manages audit profitability through revenue generation and expense control and implements necessary changes to hold or improve profitability.
- May assist in developing, maintaining and reporting on audit(s) budget and forecast.
- May oversee and provide input on audit team compensation.
- Develops audit plan and project goals; breaks project goals down into individual auditor goals; ensures that all assignments for the audit team are distributed appropriately and that deadlines for the audit project team are met.
- Ensures all communications to the audit team are timely, accurate and thorough.
- Makes audit projections for specific projects; meets claim generation targets for each project.
- Maintains accurate audit plan(s), scope parameters and due diligence information for the audit(s).
- May produce claims in accordance with client guidelines and PRGX procedures; may meet with client on a regular basis to review claim concepts.
- Act as client contact for operational issues, questions or local requests (coordinating with Audit Director where applicable).
- Tracks claim production and auditor productivity.
- Provides elevated level of contact for difficult vendor issues.
- Works with key individuals to determine appropriate and timely data acquisition.
- Raises issues regarding problems that block individual or audit team effectiveness.
- Supports, tracks and implements best practices.
- Provides guidance and helps train auditors and other staff; coordinates training and production of shared service and /or offshoring activities.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with PRGX policies and procedures including interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance of team members; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- May produce, reconcile and submit client billings and adhere PRGX revenue recognition guidelines.
- Contributes to the success of the organization by helping others accomplish job results; learning new skills needed by the team; finding new ways to help the team.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer 5+ years of related experience in an office environment and managing people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Advanced computer skills in Excel and Access required.
- Experience in accounting, finance, accounts payable, merchandising, buying, or audit preferred.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of retail industries preferred.
- Ability to successfully manage a team and collaborate with others.
- Solid financial acumen and understanding of budget, forecast and workforce planning required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to remain stationary; move; lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee must regularly sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based upon race, color, national origin, genetic information, religious beliefs, gender, age, disability, U.S. veteran status, or any other protected classifications, activities, or conditions as required by federal, state and local laws.