Job Title: Manager/Sr. Manager, Audit Operations
Division/Department: Recovery Audit
Reports to: Directorate
Service Line: Recovery Audit – Non-Commissioned
Band: 5 – Sr Management / Specialist
Type of position:
☒ Full-time ☐Temporary
FLSA Status: Hours________ / week
☐Exempt ☒Not applicable
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Customarily and regularly directs the work of at least 3 or more full-time employees.
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels for the audit; leverage the resources and abilities of the audit team to maximize all recovery opportunities; directs the work and processes of the team; provide consistent and contrastive feedback to help increase effectiveness at the audit.
- Analyzes and manages audit profitability through revenue generation and expense control and implements necessary changes to hold or improve profitability.
- May assist in developing, maintaining, and reporting on audit(s) budget and forecast.
- May oversee and provide input on audit team compensation.
- Develops audit plan and project goals; breaks project goals down into individual auditor goals; ensures that all assignments for the audit team are distributed appropriately and that deadlines for the audit project team are met.
- Ensures all communications to the audit team are timely, accurate and thorough.
- Makes audit projections for specific projects; meets claim generation targets for each project.
- Maintains accurate audit plan(s), scope parameters and due diligence information for the audit(s).
- May produce claims in accordance with client guidelines and PRGX procedures; may meet with client on a regular basis to review claim concepts.
- Act as client contact for operational issues, questions, or local requests (coordinating with Audit Director where applicable).
- Tracks claim production and auditor productivity.
- Provides elevated level of contact for difficult vendor issues.
· Works with key individuals to determine appropriate and timely data acquisition.
- Raises issues regarding problems that block individual or audit team effectiveness.
- Supports, tracks and implements best practices.
- Provides guidance and helps train auditors and other staff; coordinates training and production of shared service and /or offshoring activities.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with PRGX policies and procedures including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance of team members; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- May produce, reconcile and submit client billings and adhere PRGX revenue recognition guidelines.
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years professional Accounting/business experience at team leader/manager level gained in FMCG/Commercial environments.
- Professional audit experience would be a distinct advantage.
Domain/Industry Knowledge & Focus
- More specific knowledge of direct competitors
- Familiar with broader PRGX customer base
- Can explain the role of the team within PRGX
- Understanding of PRGX service lines and capabilities
- Integrates information from the wider business and from external sources to inform decisions
- Evaluates diverse, complex, conflicting data to find best way forward
- Finds subtle trends in data and understands long-term impacts for clients and the business
- Presents data in compelling manner, highlighting key messages
- Works with audit team, client, and CDS to develop ad hoc reporting
- Develops client-required reporting
Problem identification & Resolution
- Defines alternatives for solving problems and directs the team for the most efficient outcome
- Plans problem-solving approaches for large projects
- Monitors implementation plans and evaluates the results
- Encourages others to think outside of traditional approaches to solve problems
Claim Production & Quality
- Tracks claim production and auditor productivity
- Validates client data and communicates with IT
- Communicates high quality standards and holds team accountability to meet them
- Supports management of audit P&L
- Manages a QA process and team
- Establishes and improves QA processes
- Identifies and implements process and procedure improvements
- Develops complex projects
- Identifies common errors and puts processes in place to minimize the risk of reoccurrence
Client & Supplier Management
- Manages client to identify new opportunities and build future audit opportunity pipeline
- Manages the expansion and development of opportunities to improve profitability of projects and accounts
- Performs client-specific opportunity assessments
- Effectively and efficiently manages clients through the audit process, including new client onboarding
- Acts as client contact for day-to-day operational issues, questions or local requests.
- Builds strong client relationships
- Develops partnerships with client contacts that build credibility and integrity
- Meets with client contacts/merchants on a regular basis to educate and update
- Effectively represents PRGX in audit settlement and negotiation meetings
- Creates and delivers client management reports
- Maintains accountability for understanding client systems and processes for the effective delivery and development of client data
- Effectively engages in sales process as subject matter expert when requested
- Generates new ideas to solve problems across several categories and in more complex situations
- Ensures there are effective controls in place to reduce slippage and safeguard the ability to meet client expectations
People & Team Management
- Ensures all communications to the audit team are timely, accurate and thorough
- Makes staffing recommendations and decisions that ensure profitability
- Manages the audit team to ensure maximum resource utilization
- Provides guidance and acts as a mentor to lower-level employees
- Directs the overall plan, work, and processes of the team
- Understands performance metrics for their team
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with PRGX policies and procedures
- Sets team goals
- Tracks auditor productivity and addresses deficiencies
- Takes ownership of the Performance Management process
- Recognize the need for changes and initiate appropriate improvement actions to enhance operating effectiveness
- Implement systems to ensure smooth functioning of daily operations across related processes
- Develop motivational vehicles to help drive efficiencies
- Ability to work with others to communicate ambiguous concepts
- Determine how risk/problem can be resolved, or if it needs to be further escalated and addressed with client, and escalates appropriately
Maintains a Client Focus
· Identifies client needs
· Balances needs of clients, vendors, and PRGX in decisions
· Maintains positive, professional relationships with key client contacts
· Ensures team meets client needs with high level of service
- Communicates client needs to team
Communicates with Impact
· Self-confident and engages wide variety of audiences
· Influences others effectively using multiple styles
· Facilitates open free flow of info across stakeholders
· Comfortable in complex, ambiguous and pressured situations, adapts communication accordingly
- Encourages others to listen and value input
· Builds team engagement with local vision and strategy
· Promotes enthusiasm on team
· Adapts motivational strategies to individuals
· Values and provides recognition
· Inspires others to meet or exceed goals
· Empowers with authority and latitude to accomplish goals
- Takes an empathetic lens to how information might be received, and adapts communication accordingly
Displays Emotional Intelligence
· Remains calm with pressures of leading a team
· Keeps team members calm and focused
· Encourages others to recover quickly from setbacks
· Responds resourcefully to change and ambiguity
· Aware of the impact of their emotions and reactions on those they lead, and manages their emotions accordingly
· Builds trusting and supportive relationships with direct reports and colleagues
· Role models positivity in the workplace, and encourages team members to see the positive in people, situations, and events
- Able to relate to many different types of people, sense their emotions, and consider their perspectives
Organizes & Prioritizes
· Allocates staff and resources to meet business needs
· Develops plans to meet teams’ near- to mid-range goals
· Provides clarity to others in regard to prioritizing
· Prioritizes work so business needs are met
- Quickly shifts priorities and plans based on changes
· Takes responsibility for team’s performance
· Takes decisive action in a crisis
· Anticipates and proactively addresses issues that could impact client or business in mid-term
· Accepts responsibility for the team’s mistakes, and takes steps to ensure they don’t happen again
· Proactively takes action to help the organization meet broader goals
- Incorporates new ideas into thinking
Drives for Results
· Role models tenacity
· Holds others accountable for delivering results
· Sets challenging yet achievable goals, and encourages the team to deliver
· Maintains energy when faced with high pressure situations and/or a heavy workload
- Makes decisions to enhance the organization’s mid-term financial position
· Makes full use of available resources
· Delegates and empowers effectively
· Supports team by identifying and removing barriers to achieving goals
· Coordinates work efforts within team
- Identifies and provides needed resources and support
· Sets clear expectations that support team’s goals
· Sets high standards and keeps team focused
· Helps the team understand how their work supports business area’s strategy
- Adapts leadership style to person or situation
· Helps team understand need for change
· Supports implementation of change on team
· Identifies short-term business opportunities and the changes needed to bring opportunities to life
· Monitors effectiveness of change initiatives
- Seeks to understand and address resistance to change on the team
Coaches & Develops
· Provides coaching & support to build current and future skills
· Encourages colleagues to support each other to complete team’s work
· Provides timely and constructive feedback to direct reports on work & behavior
· Provides team members with challenging and motivating work
- Provides space to make mistakes and learn from them
- Benefits include Medical and Dental Schemes, Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Income Protection, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, On-Line Learning Portal, Employee Assistance Programme, Subsidised Gym Membership, Eye Care, Cycle to Work Scheme, Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay