The purpose of this position is to develop, instill and oversee effective financial forecasts (monthly and quarterly), annual budget processes, metrics development/analysis. This role will also manage reporting, special projects, ad hoc analysis and decision support. The position will involve direct interaction with the CFO, Senior Executive Team, Regional Field VP’s / Directors and corporate partners to provide financial/strategic consultation and guidance on financial issues, evaluate business proposals, and make recommendations for optimizing the financial impact of business initiatives. This role acts as the analytical engine providing insights and both accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision-making purposes.
The position will directly report to the VP of FP&A. The ideal candidate will have an exceptional work ethic, ability to coordinate several tasks concurrently, a strong sense of urgency, ability to work in a very fast-paced and deadline-driven environment and be wholly committed to the discovery and development of innovative solutions in an ever-changing business landscape.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in development a tactical and strategic plan for the FP&A group.
- Monthly and quarterly analysis and reporting for the operational leaders.
- Business parter support – evaluate various transactions such as compensation plans, new business proposals / strategies, leases, cost control / cutting initiatives.
- Decision support for significant capital deployment decisions
- Define and lead annual business planning and budgeting process
- Prepare consolidated budget and forecasts
- Prepare consolidated operating results analysis monthly and quarterly (Canada, UK, Asia, Latin America)
- Develop and report key operational and financial performance metrics
- Define the cadence, process, tools, and outputs of the company’s business forecasting process and execute it, working closely with Operations, Sales and the Finance team
- Build, maintain, and own extensive financial model of the company’s historical and projected performance (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow) and related financial metrics
- Work closely with the operation teams, monitor company performance in variance analysis, revenue and cost trends, and identifying areas of both growth potential and operating efficiency
- Lead regular financial reporting (internal and external including assisting bank & private equity)
- Create/adapt/customize relevant dashboards and/or reporting tools to yield KPI measurement and analytical insights in support of functional leaders to make data driven decisions for day-to-day operations.
- Administrator of the Financial Reporting System Vena, which includes maintaining the structure and responsible for roll-forwarding each month.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in accounting or finance from four-year college or university and at least 8 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer MBA or CPA
- Minimum 3-5 years experience managing a group of analysts and supporting a business or company.