This position is responsible for leading contract compliance audits of cost plus GMAX contracts for the development and construction of industrial facilities. Assignments would include audits of both completed projects and projects in-progress.
This position will draw on a variety of skills you have developed and experience you have gained in your career. Knowledge of and experience in construction (audit, project controls and/or estimating), accounting (financial and cost), audit and data mining skills and techniques are required. Additionally, excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are needed to be successful. Your success will be the result of your entrepreneurial drive, passion for superior results and your natural desire to fulfill the commitments you make to your clients and co-workers.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Our compensation and benefits packages are highly competitive. Our close-knit team enjoys the benefits of working in a highly entrepreneurial environment where top performers have significant ability to impact company results and in turn, their own compensation. We are a growing organization, and we want our team to grow as well, we work with our employees to help fully realize their career objectives.
Compensation for Contract Compliance Auditors includes a generous total annual compensation package (base plus commission) which is uncapped.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS degree in Construction Management, Accounting, Finance, Business or other closely related field required.
- Construction audit, project controls or estimating experience required.
- Internal Audit and/or Supplier Contract Compliance Audit Experience a significant plus.
- Strong Data Skills/Aptitude required. Intermediate to advanced experience using Excel and/or Access to effectively manipulate multiple large data sets to provide necessary analytical results for evaluation.
- Background in understanding and assessing operational processes and internal controls, including identifying breakdown and opportunities and defining practical recommendations for improvement.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, including such concepts as cost accounting and allocations, overhead, manufacturing costs, general ledger and financial statements.
- Has financial business acumen, with exposure to payroll; insurance; benefits; internal controls; common business practices and contract language.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Experience with business report writing.
- Procurement and/or contracts experience a plus.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES DESIRED:
- Passionate about delivering results.
- Self-motivated to improve standards and identify opportunities to advance knowledge and skills of self and team. Ability to train, motivate and manage less experienced auditors.
- Team player who is committed to optimizing the effectiveness of the group dynamic by identifying and resolving issues that may impede individual or team effectiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professionalism in interactions in potentially adversarial or sensitive work environments.
- Excellent communicator; able to interact successfully with senior level client management and vendors.
- Innovative problem-solver; brings creativity, originality and tenacity to problem solving. Uses available technology in ways to increase productivity as well as identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, individually and in team settings.
- Occasional travel required.