Job Title: SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
Summary: The purpose of this position is to provide financial and operational analysis support to Operations and Area Managers. The selected candidate will:
- Develop, support and maintain all aspects of financial and operational information, adding value to the process and management of reviews.
- Participate in the development of new processes and coordination of resources for efficiency enhancements.
- Support and enhance the ongoing management review process and management of the area for both profitability and operational improvements.
- Assist Senior FP&A leadership in the development of budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Be detail oriented and quick to identify and follow up on issues to resolution.
- Routinely work effectively with field managers, internal management, and accounting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly financial reporting packages, dashboards and P&L reports (pivot table reports and detailed variance analysis)
- Create forecasting models
- Profitability and Expense Analysis
- Assist in monthly P&L generation, research, and reconcile all variances from plan.
- Prepare all requests for adjustments or reclassification of expenses as required.
- Communicate guidelines with field for appropriate expense coding to minimize required reclassifications
- Prepare benchmark reports to Field Management and Operations Administration for expenses (COR and SGA)
- Profit improvement planning and modeling- development of activity based costing models.
- Budgeting & Planning:
- Creating and maintaining control documents before and during the budgeting process.
- Ensuring that the appropriate personnel have access to adequate training for the budget process.
- Preparing all summary documentation and reporting to Field management and Operations Administration.
- Identifying and highlighting all expected variances from prior year as part of the process.
- Assist field in the preparation of budgets for new business audits as they arise during the year.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from accredited four-year college or university
- 3+ years of related experience and/or training
- Advanced Excel skills including: Macros, Pivots, Lookups
- Preferred: experience with reporting tools – Excel, Tableau, SQL, PowerBI, etc.
- Preferred: experience with Databases: SQL can help in report building with IT
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication and advisory skills with peers and management