Based in our Perth, WA Australia, office the sourcing intern’s role will be focused on supporting and developing global sourcing strategies as well as supplier and commodity management activities for direct material and indirect spend. This includes performing market research, identifying cost saving opportunities through spend analytics, RFx development, and supplier playbook development activities.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The sourcing intern will be required to:
- Work with sourcing consultants to create, distribute and analyse RFx’s. Participate and support reverse auctions.
- Support sourcing group on procurement needs, including cost reduction strategies, RFx processes and negotiations.
- Perform data analysis and provide insights and key findings
- Develop supplier playbooks for client and sourcing group negotiation support
- Utilize a variety of research (qualitative and quantitative) to help establish key metrics and targets
- Create and deliver well-structured actionable presentations
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree or higher in the fields of Supply Chain, Procurement or Business
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- High integrity, self-motivated and attention to detail