WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree ( B.A.) from four-year college or university preferred, but not required; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Prefer 5+ years of experience in an office/technology environment, preferably desktop and server support related.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: a plus but not required
Candidate should possess Problem Solving skills, Quality Focus, Project Management, Process Improvement, Client Relationships, Reporting Skills, Networking Knowledge, Networking Standards, Technical Zeal, Job Knowledge
• Looking for a candidate with a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a Network Engineering role.
• Experience with Layer 2 (8021q trunks, VLANs, LACP aggerated links, etc.)
• Experience with Layer 3 protocols (OSPF, BGP) and dynamic, link state and static routing
• Experience with Cisco Wireless Controllers and Access Points
• Experience with Cisco IOS, NX-OS, and Juniper Junos
• Experience with Cisco Networking hardware 7k, 2k, 2960-X, 3850, 9372, 93180, etc.
• Experience with Load balancing (Netscaler, F5, Foundry)
• Experience with Firewalls (Cisco ASA and FTD, and Juniper SRX/SSG)
• Experience with Cisco SourceFire IDS
• Experience with VPN networks, IPSEC VPN and Cisco Anyconnect software
• Experience with Wireshark, TCP Dump, packet capture and decode tools
• Experience with Netflow/Sflow setup and configuration
• Experience creating network documentation with Visio and/or OmniGraffle
• Experience with Azure and Google virtualization networks
• Experience with Solarwinds or other monitoring tools (Nagios, cacti, splunk, etc)
• Nice to have SD WAN experience
• Nice to have Vyatta VYOS experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to remain stationary; move; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must regularly sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based upon race, color, national origin, genetic information, religious beliefs, gender, age, marital status, disability, U.S. veteran status, or any other protected classifications, activities, or conditions as required by federal, state and local laws.