TAX ACCOUNTANT/ANALYSTposition at PRGX Global, Inc:
PRGX has an exciting opportunity for a Tax Analyst. We are a mid-sized tech services company headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia with blue chip clients and a fairly large international presence. This is a great opportunity to see, learn and do all areas of tax: federal, state, local and international tax compliance in addition to income, property, sales & use tax, and quarterly tax provision reporting. You will definitely broaden your tax experience and learn a great deal in a short time within this role. It is not expected that you will have experience in all areas of tax to apply for the job. This is a rare opportunity for a curious, quick learner with strong analytic and excel skills to learn a great deal and grow quickly. This is the perfect laboratory for learning if you are aiming to jumpstart your tax career in a relaxed but challenging work environment that includes competitive pay and benefits.
- The primary responsibility of this position is to assist with the preparation of federal, state, local and international tax filings (including income, property, sales & use tax).
- Provide support for federal, state, local and international tax audits.
- Prepare, compile and analyze data for quarterly tax provision, which includes providing support for financial audit related to the tax provision.
- Compile and analyze tax related data for periodic tax planning projects, and to occasionally assist with tax research, which includes staying abreast of changes to tax law, with direction from more senior coworkers.
- Help maintain the tax department’s filing calendar to make sure tax filings are completed and submitted on time.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tax compliance preparation.
- Compiling and analyzing financial information for quarterly tax provision preparation.
- Data compilation and analysis for tax planning projects.
- Audit defense/support with both tax and financial auditors.
- Contribute to the success of the organization by helping the tax team accomplish job results, which includes helping the tax department improve efficiencies through technology initiatives and process improvements.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Recent graduate with a Bachelor Degree in Tax. A Master’s Degree in Tax would be nice to have.
- Previous experience in an internship, co-op, part-time, or full-time role is also preferred, but not required.
- Tax compliance experience within a corporate environment including multi-state, multi-national preferred.
- Experience with tax compliance software (OneSource preferred).
- Experience with the preparation of tax provision calculations under ASC 740 preferred.
- Strong technical skills (including working knowledge of Excel), advanced written communication skills, and the ability to compile and analyze tax data, and research tax law with guidance from more senior coworkers.
- Must be well organized, with exceptional time management skills, and possess the ability to complete tasks on a timely manner, according to externally and internally imposed deadlines.