How PRGX helps category management and merchandising leaders.
In today’s complex construction landscape, procurement leaders face the challenge of optimizing resources while ensuring projects stay on time, within budget, and meet quality standards. Our construction audits offer a unique value proposition. We go beyond traditional oversight, leveraging our expertise to comprehensively review job costs, preventing overpayments and optimizing resource allocation. Our dedicated construction audit team excels in navigating the intricate interplay of risk, timelines, quality, and costs. With a keen focus on your objectives, our audits deliver not just compliance but strategic insights, empowering procurement leaders to confidently navigate the intricate world of construction, ensuring every project contributes to your organization’s success.
PRGX Construction Services: With you every step of the way
200 + Projects
Impressive Track Record: Over the past 3 years, we’ve audited more than 200 projects and $27 billion in construction costs.
27 Billion Dollars Audited
1 % Savings
Substantial Savings: Our audits consistently result in savings, averaging between 0.25% to 1% of project costs.
We understand the demands and risks working in the complex construction environment.
Our consultants can work with your pre-construction, legal, and project management teams at each stage of your construction project from the preparation of the RFP to the certification of the final invoice.
PRGX DOESN’T STOP AT MITIGATION & RECOVERY
IMPROVE TRANSPARENCY AND CONTROL
We review draft agreements for:
- Contradictory terms
- Vague or gray terms
- Unaddressed/insufficiently addressed risks
- Opportunities to implement best practices
We also increase cost control by:
- Auditing labor rates prior to approval in the agreements. We have been able to reduce labor rates by 20% to 50%, reducing general conditions costs by as much as $800k before the project even starts.
- Auditing insurance markups prior to approval in the agreements. Typically we can reduce insurance markups by 40% to 75%.
- Adding terms in agreements to control use of allowances and contingency, prevent them from unintended use.
- Validating any cost assumptions used by Developers, General Contractors and their Subcontractors.
|Project Types||Contract Types|
|Retail store retrofits||GMP (Guaranteed Maximum Price)|
|New retail store builds||CMAR (Construction Manager At Risk)|
|Hotel construction||Lump sum agreements|
|Hospital construction||Tenant Improvement agreements|
|University campus projects||Lease agreements|
|Corporate campus projects|
|Distribution network construction|
PRGX Construction Services FAQs
What are PRGX Construction Services?
What can be done before a contract gets signed?
What can be done during your construction project?
What can be done after the project has been completed?
Why should I choose the PRGX Construction Services team?
- Certified Construction Auditors
- Certified Cost Control Professionals
- Civil Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Licensed Architects
- Certified Fraud Examiners
- Six Sigma Black Belts
- Supply Chain Professionals
- Project Management Professionals
How effective are the controls put in place by PRGX construction services?
What are the benefits of the PRGX construction Services program?
- Minimized cost escalation
- Improved cost control
- Increased transparency
- Implementation of best practices
- Incremental contractual improvement – we make recommendations that can be applied to future agreements.
- Staff augmentation – We review invoices and change orders provided by general contractors, validate the calculations, make sure supporting documentation is complete before it gets to your project managers for review, allowing them extra time to focus on project execution
What are the primary risks that are addressed by the PRGX Construction Services program?
- Hidden or unintended profit in
- Labor Rates
- Insurance Rates
- Equipment Rates
- Carrying Costs (Interest and Equity)
- Unallowable or duplicated costs
- Home office overhead
- Warranty and re-work
- Duplication of scope
- Unapproved markups
- Unreconciled project costs
- Unrealized savings
- Fee miscalculations
- Balance forward issues
- Tax and property tax errors and miscalculations
- Unresolved accruals and estimates
- As our Construction Services program evolves with your clients we provide period reviews of our findings to show trends and provide training on how to identify project overcharges and risk