How PRGX helps category management and merchandising leaders.
PRGX – Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, PRGX Global, Inc. is the world’s leading provider of supply chain realted analytics and recovery services. The Company operates and serves clients in more than 30 countries with over 1,600 employees and provides its services to over 75% of the top 20 global retailers. PRGX provides a unique combination of audit, analytics and advisory services that optimizes client financial performance.
PRGX is looking for a dedicated, driven professional with experience serving clients throughout the technical onboarding phase. You’re a team player with excellent communication skills, a knack for efficiency, and a strong technical background in databases. If you thrive in a fast-paced, hard-working environment and are passionate about providing white-glove service, then you could be a great fit.
**Bilingual Spanish/English proficiency both written and verbal is required**
The SQL Developer is part of our implementation team collaborating closely with the Client Success Managers, following a project plan, creating complex and efficient migration scripts and working heavily within Microsoft SQL server. The Implementation Engineer will be leveraging their expertise in SQL to meet the high demand of our clients. Open and ongoing communication with the assigned Client Success Manager is critical to help ensure a smooth and on schedule migration.
This role has fully remote, hybrid, or in office options for candidates near a PRGX office.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The SQL Developer has primary responsibility for delivering software implementation projects while serving as a liaison between the client success manager and various IT organizations (implementation, product management, data services, development). The Implementation Engineer needs to work independently on their assigned accounts, leveraging coding best practices with an eye for efficiency and scalability.
- Build end-to-end implementation scripts, including dynamic and variable driven methodologies to allow code to be scaled across different clients, including ability to write code from scratch
- Drive efficiencies and clean coding practices that minimizes record and table locks, prevent loops and other inefficient and problem coding practices
- Load data from source to target tables and run detailed stratifications and validations to confirm accuracy of the load process
- Troubleshoot failures and look for ways to improve the code to mitigate future failures
- Build and maintain runbook on implementation process, including steps with associated scripts
- Provide advanced technical support to account teams post-implementation
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and automation within the standard implementation approach and provide documentation
- Perform other duties as assigned
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems
- 5+ years of experience building and maintaining MS SQL Server code (SSIS and SSMS)
- Direct experience with Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Experience building complete ETL/SSIS processes moving and transforming data
- Proficient in how to deploy and debug a production SSIS environment
- Experience creating dynamic variable driven code that can be used across different customers
- Experience adding programmatic validation checks into the code to fail or throw warnings when checks are out of balance during a data transformation or load process
- Detail oriented, able to prioritize and organize workload to ensure deadlines are met
- Problem solver who takes initiative and adds value with limited supervision
- Confident, adaptable self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Quick learner, takes responsibility and happy to help wherever needed
- Bilingual wiht excellent English communication skills – written and verbal
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, flexible & committed with the ability to see the bigger picture and look for ways to improve the implementation process to reduce issues and decrease time required
- Dedication to deadlines and willingness to do whatever it takes to meet them