How PRGX helps category management and merchandising leaders.
This position is responsible for supplier contract compliance audits, with emphasis in large construction projects, on behalf of our global account base. You will work from your home office with an occasional need for domestic business travel.
This position will draw on a variety of skills you have developed and experience you have gained in your construction related career. Technical background and experience working in a construction environment (audit, project controls and/or estimating), with knowledge of financial and cost accounting concepts is essential. Data mining and manipulation skills and techniques are required. Additionally, excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are needed to be successful.
Compensation and benefits
Our close-knit team enjoys the benefits of working in a highly entrepreneurial environment where top performers have significant ability to impact company results and in turn, their own compensation. Work at home allows some flexibility in your work schedule, which is seen as a significant benefit by our team members. Your success will be the result of your entrepreneurial drive, passion for superior results and your natural desire to fulfill the commitments you make to your clients and co-workers. Compensation for Senior Auditors includes a generous total compensation package consisting of a salary plus bonus/commission payout upon completion of training.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
As part of a larger audit team, you will lead some audits and support others. As a lead working remotely or on-site with a contractor, you will be responsible for supplier relationship management as well as direction of the audit team. You will be involved in all phases of the audit process including verifying compliance with the financial terms and conditions of contracts, developing claims for recovery of overcharges, and providing recommendations for cost savings and process improvement going forward.
· BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other closely related field required.
· Audit Experience (Construction, Recovery, or General Financial) in a commercial environment a strong plus.
· Internal Audit and/or Supplier Contract Compliance Audit Experience a plus.
· Strong Data Skills/Aptitude required. Intermediate to advanced experience using Excel and/or Access to effectively manipulate multiple large data sets to provide necessary analytical results for evaluation. Background in use of IDEA or ACL a significant advantage.
· Background in understanding and assessing operational processes and internal controls, including identifying internal control and process breakdowns and opportunities and defining practical recommendations for improvement.
· In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, including such concepts as cost accounting and allocations, overhead, manufacturing costs, general ledger and financial statements.
· Strong background in accounting systems with an emphasis on Purchasing and Accounts Payable desirable.
· Financial business acumen, with exposure to payroll; insurance; benefits; internal controls; common business practices and contract language.
· Excellent oral, aural and written communications skills. Experience with business report writing.
· Procurement and/or contracts experience a plus.
· Foreign language and/or International work experience a strong plus.
· Passionate about delivering results.
· Self-motivated to improve standards and identify opportunities to advance knowledge and skills of self and team. Ability to train, motivate and manage less experienced auditors.
· Team player who is committed to optimizing the effectiveness of the group dynamic by identifying and resolving issues that may impede individual or team effectiveness.
· Ability to maintain professionalism in interactions in potentially adversarial or sensitive work environments.
· Excellent communicator; able to interact successfully with senior level client management and vendors.
· Innovative problem-solver; brings creativity, originality and tenacity to problem solving. Uses available technology in ways to increase productivity as well as identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, individually and in team settings.